Aurangabad

January 29, 2008

Hello All,
So I will not be personalizing to everyone who sent me a message. Thanks for all the love!! I will include a few personal interjections though.
Here they are:

*A marathon Antonia!! You're crazy!!

*WOW! Shawn has dread locks past his bum!

*A laughing club is exactly that! A group of folks who meet to practice laughing yoga, where everybody just laughs because its really good for your health. There are some specific designed exercises like lion laugh!

*Dad, just google Amma and her web site is very extensive.


So now we are in Aurangabad. Not so bad, another busy city. We came from Jalgaon which was a little smaller and kinder. There are two groups of caves between both places. We went to Ajanta both the last 2 day. They were closed on Monday so we just hung out in the gorge where the caves are. Today we actually went back and went inside. Very Beautiful inside and out! We meet nice backpackers from America, Canada, and Israel. We also meet some very sweet Japanese tourists that were excite we were from Boston, because of baseball! There also some very sweet Tibetan monks that enjoyed Shawn's hair in loving way. The Indians were also really sweet, waving at us and wanting to pose with us in a photo. I particularly enjoyed the children. It was good to be stared at in a positive way.

We are having many crazy adventures and chances to practice yoga in the practical, applicable sense. Patience, patience, patience. that is my practice and staying centered. It is very hectic here, yet everyone else seems relatively relaxed. I got lost yesterday walking back from the bus stand on my first walk alone in India. I walked by our hotel 4 times. I literally never left the street where the hotel was. I even took a rickshaw back to the bus stand. We had arrived at 2am and I forgot the name of the hotel. I ended up in another hotel an hour after I initially got lost. I got so worked up, I ended up laughing and crying at the same time. They were very nice and found our hotel by calling the one with the rate which we paid. It was one block away. Shawn was very worried and said he wouldn't let me out alone again at least not the first time I got out in a new city. I learned to remember my hotels name so at least I rickshaw could drive me back!!!

Next we will go onto Pune, then Goa and Kerala.

I apologize for any confusing ideas, I am kind of writing stream of consciousness on a key board that is sticky in more than one way!!

Love and Shanthi
Namaste,
Tonya and Shawn

No comments: