Mama Ganga

March 22, 2008

Yes I know, I just wrote a whole bunch but Shawn has a bit of a cold and is sleeping it off. He has requested I don't go out as it is still Holi and we are in Varanasi now!

There are free computers here at our guest house which is really nice. The balcony outside our room over looks the Ganges and the ghats. It is so quiet and relaxed being a holiday. I think I will be surprised by the return of the business. This is supposed to be a crazy city and it seems so incredibly peaceful. There are advantages to traveling on holidays as we had no traffic to and from the train stations and the train was empty.

Earlier I gazed out over the mighty river and WOW!! How gorgeous she is!! We are quite blessed to have been lead here and on such a peaceful day. I can almost hear the prayers of the people echoing off the river. If I didn't know better I would run down and jump in too. One side is covered with the ghats, the other a seemingly peaceful shore line.

There are also huge, fuzzy water buffalo everywhere and they make some good, fun sounds. Though I was surprised that the cows were the ones fighting. I watched 2 tourist walk dangerously close to cows charging each other and almost get knocked over. I made a note to myself that these are not the ashram cows and I should keep a good distance.

Though my body craves some hatha yoga I have found it quite easy to drop into mediation lately. Maybe it is the power of being with Amma or the magic of India. I am now feeling drawn away from this computer to the sunset and a mediation on the roof.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the change of season. Just think it could be so hot outside that you just have to stay in during the middle of the day (I'm not complaining). I love all my little messages and look forward to receiving them. Oh and Jill, your emails are well worth the wait!

Om Shanthi,
Love, Tonya

No comments: