Amma's

February 25, 2008

Hello Lovely People,

Shawn beat me to an email, but here's my draft revised anyway:

I am not sure who has been on my email list but you are getting it any way.

It has been very nice here at the Ashram. The weather is hot but it is always comfortable next to the ocean in the shade. I am doing my seva (selfless service) in the Cafe(it serves the western style food). They move me around a lot because I have worked in this type of atmosphere and can pretty much easily do everything. They love that!

Shawn and I have been spending a lot of time in the cow shed. This lovely man, Shamoogra (not sure if its moo but it looks nice for a cow man), who works always with the cows, read our palms. It is so nice talk to him and to be with these gentle giants. Although one is moody and bumped me in the thigh with her horn, I am now more careful where I stand. Today I walk I cow from the field to the shed. I am careful to keep a distance for my toes. She stopped a lot to eat grass and I had to keep pulling her rope though her nose until I realized I had a banana in my bag. I then, simply had to lead her with a banana. Brilliant!! Though I can't take credit as I saw someone else do this with the baby cows.

We are planning now to move from the ashram. We were invited to stay with some folks we meet here who are renting a house in Varkala for a few days. It is a seaside village with a swim able beach. I will be nice to not have to dress entirely modestly and wear a tank top and short skirt though I don't think I have either. Then I may study ayurvedic massage for babies and new moms but I'm not sure. I meet a young mid wife from France who is going to do this. I will contact her after she is there. Then I may join her. Nothing seem to be able to be planned and that is great.

I have had some very inspiring moments here and I realize the I have been moving too fast and being too busy at home(an here I guess) I am practicing slowing down in my thoughts and actions. It is very good to have this time to work on myself . It is important as a yoga teacher not to be overly stressed and I think I was! I like this practice of stopping when I feel hurried and breathing. It is good. Being in such a spiritual place is also good for my prayers and devotion. Honoring the divine in all and carrying that with me.

I have a little friend who has some type of developmental delays, much like my favorite students. She is maybe my age or older and she often comes to hug me and lay in my lap. I am so grateful for her and her divine intuition. Some how she knows I need it!

And in case you didn't get the secret message at the end of Shawn's email, he has lovely short curly hair these days. And he is radiantly handsome! I'm one lucky lady!

Love and Blessings for India,

Tonya

No comments: