Rishikesh

April 7, 2008

My last email never made it. I lost 1/2 of it when I lost connection so I will start a new.

We are in Rishikesh now enjoying the cool rainy weather right now and our room with a private balcony overlooking the Ganges and the foothills. It quite beautiful. We saw a fantastic rain and thunderstorm the other night. The weather hasn't been all bad. He has had some sun and it is pretty warm when it's sunny. For now we are enjoying our new sweaters. Shawn's is a gorgeous rainbow. Literally something I would be wearing.

The animals have been really fun too. Yesterday while I was practicing yoga on the balcony. I heard some sound in the room and then behind me. Thought Shawn had got out of bed but lo and behold there was a monkey sitting behind me eating 3 bananas. I ran in the room and realized that he was eating our bananas of which he had just wandered into the room and snatched. This morning in yoga class I watched 3 monkeys go into a room a few doors down. Also yesterday as we were admiring the peaceful black-faced monkeys one came from behind and bounced, literally, off our heads!! Today I decided to feed a sweet little baby cow. When he had eaten all the bananas.

In a week will go to a yoga retreat 10km up the river. I found out about the ashram from some very nice folks who had just finished a retreat. In the mean time we may go trekking into the Himalayas. We are happy and relaxed here and that is nice after all the Varanasi craziness. Though we did really like Varanasi.

I hope this email sends. So will say a prayer.

Love, Tonya

PS this one almost didn't make it as well, it has been saved on the desk top for two days and I am trying again today to send it

No comments: