Mumbai

January 26, 2008

Hello Wonderful Friends and Family, So here we are in Mumbai (big, dirty, and busy). I really feel right at home except that everyone is always staring at us with Shawn with his crazy hair and me because I'm sooo damn cute(well that's what I think). I also really miss my Friends and family and students because it really hit me that I won't see everyone for four months. I dreamed all night the first night about my beloveds! WOW what amazing people in my life!

Anyway enough filling your egos. We went to Elephanta caves today and they are quite amazing. It was about a one hour boat ride out to an island off Mumbai. We caught the first boat which left at 9am. We thought it was earlier and got a chance to watch the sun rise(AMAZING!!) between 2 islands. The smog really intensifies the colors and size of the sun. And boy is there a lot of smog. I thought it was rainy when we were landing but no just smog!! The morning is also the best time in the city; calm, quiet and friendly. Shawn even saw a laughing club on his first morning walk. So back to the caves, they are these gorgeous carved out caves of Hindu Gods and Goddesses interspersed with Shiva Lingams. We took some good photos.

The weather is great not too hot, not too cold. The Hotels good enough for me and we have eaten pretty well. So all and all we are doing great! We will hopefully be leaving tomorrow and taking a train west the visit another set of caves, then south to Amma's ashram, stopping in Goa along the way. That's at least the tentative plan.

More to come hopfully soon. I Love You!!

Much Love, Tonya

No comments: