Elephanta Island

January 26, 2008

So today we were on a boat and a scorpion crawled out from the bottom deck and was crawling around people's feet. Then on the island that we visited, Elephanta Island off of Mumbai, we saw a monkey jump out of a tree an grab a plastic bag out of a woman's hand and jump back up the tree. Crazy! We also saw 700 year old rock sculptures that are carved into the mountainside, as big as a house.

And we are also giving a 24 hour show for people to look at here. Apparently people are not used to tall skinny white dudes with dreads down to their ass, cuz people are outright gawking at me. And someone pinched Tonya's butt in the street! Well I can understand that one, but being completely stared at alllllllll day is getting kind of tired, especially since I feel like I am the butt of their jokes. Guess it's something I gotta get used to.

It's Independence day today, so the streets are crazy and there is a Indo-rave going on about a block away from our hotel. Yeaaaa. I'm sort of looking forward to getting out of this big smoggy city. I'm always so exhausted, don't know if it's jet lag or the food or what. But I'm having a blast! The tea is amazing and we watched the sun rise over the bay of Bengal this morning, really beautiful. And shit, I could be working at the Museum right now, so I ain't complaining.

See you,
Shawn and Tonya

No comments: