So some information from the female side.

February 9, 2008

So I was really bugged out no pun intended by the roaches and I really had to work hard not to obsess. Finally my last meal contained at roach right before I started eating. I really had to surrender to them and just relax. The ride was nice other wise.

The ashram is really great. Shawn and I have a nice clean room with a hard wood floor on the 15th floor of a building. we can see the whole island that we are on. It is covered by palm trees. The weather is great hot but a nice ocean breeze. Its not quite an island but we have to cross a bridge or take a boat here. The experience hugging Amma was great I have to agree with Shawn. Don't worry about us join a cult. Its not quite like that. She has great messages about love and equality and is a wonderful spiritual leader.
She left 2 days ago to tour around northern India. About 90% of the Ashram went with her so its even quieter and quite sweet.

We have to do seva which is selfless service. I work in the kitchen, big surprise. But I didn't even ask for it! And Shawn sorts trash! Its kind a shitty job no pun intended but he doesn't seem to mind.

I really love it here. Its giving my time to rest and get used to being here though its not quite India. There are many westerners and and we can eat great healthy food, meditate and practice yoga. I get up at 4:30am to chant the 1000 of the divine Mother. Its such a nice way to start the day. I haven't done a lot of physical yoga but we did partake in a meditation retreat.

We should be here for about anther week.

Oh and there are eagles here that steals people's omelets and veggie burgers!! It flew with in 3 inches of my head yesterday when I was running food! I work in the cafe kitchen which is the western food that you have to pay for. The spicy India meals are free. I love to watch Shawn sweat while he eats it. He said he's getting used to the spice but he still sweats. If you want to know more about where we are just Google Amma.

I hope everyone is well.

Much Love and Shanthi(peace)

Tonya

No comments: